FAIRBANKS NORTH STAR BOROUGH
DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION
- This policy is established to provide consistent refund procedures for activity passes.
- Refunds must be requested through the Facility Supervisor to the Division Manager. Requests for refunds must be made using the “Request for Refund” form.
- All necessary information will be provided with the form including an explanation of the circumstances surrounding the request, a copy of the original receipt, and the pass number.
- There will be no refunds on Ten Visit Passes.
- Refunds for Three Month passes will be as follows:
- Three Month Pass: 65% of the purchase price of the pass is refundable up to 30 days from the purchase date.
- Six Month Pass: 75% of the purchase price of the pass is refundable up to 30 days from the purchase date.
- One Year Pass: 75% of the purchase price of the pass is refundable up to 60 days from the purchase date.
- Exceptions to this schedule will be considered only under unusual circumstances.
- All “Requests for Refunds” must be signed, in person, by the person listed on the original receipt. Telephone requests may be accepted under unusual circumstances but the form must be completed and signed by the person making the request. Requests made by mail must include the pass, a completed and signed “Request for Refund” form and a letter of explanation.
- Request for Refunds will be reviewed and approved by the Division Manager. All will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Requests under unusual circumstances include, but are not limited to, a doctor’s order to cease activities.
- “Requests for Refunds” will be forwarded to Parks & Recreation Administration for approval and preparation of a “Check Request” form. This form will be forwarded to the Finance Department with a copy of the refund application. The Finance Department will issue and mail checks, if payment was made by cash or check, to requesting parties as soon as possible (usually within two weeks after receipt of the request). If payment was made by debit or credit card, you will be contacted by phone to complete the refund process.
- Copies of approved “Requests for Refunds” and “Check Requests” will be kept on file at the Parks And Recreation Office. Refunds will be taken into account when tabulating the total yearly revenue for the facility.
- Each patron purchasing a pass will be given a receipt and verbally briefed or shown a copy of this policy.