The libraries offer the use of the Auditorium, Conference, and Multi-purpose rooms for public meetings and programs of a non-commercial nature. The following policies govern the use of the rooms. There are fees for room and equipment use.
|Noel Wien Library Auditorium
|Noel Wien Library Conference Room
|North Pole Branch Multipurpose Room
|North Pole Branch Conference Room
These numbers are based on fire code restrictions and cannot be changed. At no time shall the user group allow occupancy to exceed these numbers. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the immediate cancellation or closure of the meeting.
Note: The libraries also offer study rooms that accommodate up to 10 people. Please check our website for more information regarding the study rooms or call Noel Wien Library Reference Desk at 459-1046 or North Pole Branch Help Desk at 488-6101.
- All meetings and programs must be open to the public and may not interfere with library operations. Meeting room groups must follow the libraries’ Patron Conduct policy, available at http://fnsblibrary.org Printed copies are available upon request.
- Meetings of a personal nature, e.g. birthday parties or weddings, or for commercial purposes where profit is the direct or indirect purpose of the meeting will not be approved. No fees may be charged or collected for meeting or program attendance. Groups wishing to collect donations to defray costs associated with their meeting must do so away from the library building and entryways. Direct or indirect sale of any product or service is prohibited, except for sales sponsored by the FNSB Libraries, the Library Foundation, or the Friends of the North Pole Library from which a portion of the proceeds must benefit the library.
- Groups composed of persons under the age of 18 must be sponsored and directly supervised at all times by someone 18 or older.
- The library has limited equipment which may be used in the meeting rooms. See application for details. While the libraries make every attempt to have equipment available and in good repair, we cannot guarantee its availability.
- Meeting rooms are not available on days and times when the libraries are closed.
- Auditorium, Conference, and Multi-purpose rooms may be reserved in advance by calling: Noel Wien Library 459-1022 or North Pole Branch 488-6101.
- Applications must be completed and received within 5 days of making the reservation. If application is not received, the room reservation will be subject to cancellation.
- Applicant’s signature on the application guarantees that all aspects of this policy will be observed.
- Reservations are not confirmed until the application is approved by the Library Director or designee.
- Publicity may not be distributed prior to application approval.
- A group may use the meeting rooms up to 6 times per calendar year.
- If a meeting is cancelled, the library must be notified in a timely manner. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of future room use.
- In the case of an emergency or an unanticipated library need, the library reserves the right to cancel meeting room use or to provide a substitute room if available.
- A person or group who attempts to schedule meetings under false pretenses using alternate names, etc. to circumvent the reservation rules stated in this section will be prohibited from using the libraries auditorium, conference rooms, and multi-purpose room in the future.
- The responsible person must check in and leave a current library card or other identification with Library staff for the duration of the meeting.
- The card or identification will be returned to the user after the meeting when library staff inspects the room and a checkout form has been completed and signed by staff and the responsible party.
- Reasonable care of the building, furnishings and equipment will be the responsibility of the group using the facility. The responsible party will be charged if the room is not clean and returned to the required set-up, if any equipment is missing, or if there are any damages.
- Refreshments may be served in meeting rooms. Users are responsible for cleanup. The Library cannot provide storage for meeting materials and supplies.
- See application for basic room use fees, equipment options and related costs.