Fairbanks North Star Borough Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Birch Hill Recreation Area Rules
Violation or failure to comply with of any of these facility rules may result in restricted access to the facility or more serious action, up to and including police action.
- Children under 12 may not be left unattended in the Birch Hill Recreation area, including trails, facilities and all other areas.
- No running or horseplay is allowed inside the building.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed only during private facility reservations, and only with prior approval from the department.
- No throwing objects of any kind.
- Smoking is prohibited within 20 feet of, and inside of any borough-owned or leased facilities.
- Skis and poles are only allowed in the team room. Waxing skis is allowed only in the team room and warm-up hut, unless otherwise designated.
- Any special set-up requests for events, parties or other rentals must be included in the rental form. The setup and use of these special requests shall be pursuant to the time, location, duration and manner, as approved by the Parks and Recreation Director or his/her designee. These special set-ups may include, but are not limited to: large event tents, chairs, portable PA or amplifier systems, staging, etc.
- The borough Parks and Recreation department is not responsible for any lost or stolen items in or around the facility. It is strongly encouraged that all personal items be locked in a secure area.
- All dogs must be secured and controlled by their owner on a leash at all times. Pet waste must be picked up and disposed of in provided trash receptacles.