Fairbanks North Star Borough Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Aquatic Facility Rules
Violation or failure to comply with of any of these facility rules may result in restricted access to the facility or more serious action, up to and including police action.
- All facility users are required to check in with the reception desk before entering the locker room. All passes must be shown at each visit.
- The Parks and Recreation department is not responsible for any lost or stolen items in or around the facility. Use a lock on your locker - you must bring your own lock. Any lock left on a locker overnight will be removed.
- No food or beverages are allowed in locker rooms or on deck.
- Loitering is not accepted; children may not be dropped off any earlier than 15 minutes prior to open or lap swims, or be picked up any later than 15 minutes after the program concludes.
- Children 12 and under may not be left unattended in any area of the facility.
- The use of photographic equipment or imaging devices is prohibited in the locker rooms and restrooms. Video recording or photography of any kind elsewhere within this facility must be approved by the Facility Manager or the Event Manager.
- The FNSB Policy and Procedures on the Use of Aquatic Facilities by Minors and Aquatic Facilities Discipline Policy will apply when dealing with unsupervised and/or misbehaving children. (See Attached)
- While in the facility, children under nine (9) years of age must be accompanied by a person sixteen (16) years or older. While in the pool, children six (6) years of age or younger must be accompanied by a person sixteen (16) years of age or older.
- Children age five (5) and over must dress in the locker room that corresponds to their gender.
- Children wearing flotation devices must be within arm’s reach of a person sixteen (16) years of age or older at all times.
- Patrons under the age of fourteen (14) must have approval of the Facility Supervisor to use the weight equipment. Approval for use is dependent on prior training on the equipment or direct supervision. Anyone found abusing the equipment or disturbing other patrons will be asked to leave. Shirts and shoes are required in the weight room.